Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fitting Buell XB9 headlights





I got a Buell XB9 headlight assembly from the local harley dealer. I'm in the process of installing the new dual headlights in place of the original. I found that the tube bracket Yamaha uses to mount the original headlamp and plastic cowling fits "almost" perfectly with the Buell setup. I just welded some small tabs to it on the 2 center cowl mount bracket and bolted up the new lights.

The only problem is the wiring. So far, I haven't gotten High-Low beams to work. I've only gotten it to work with both lights on all the time. This isn't too much of a concern for me, because I don't mind being extra visible. I may spend some more time on it trying to get it to work, but I'm trying to avoid re-wiring the whole circuit.

No comments: